I want to encourage my colleagues who are waiting on the Lord to see the manifestation or progress of the calling on their lives. The Lord called me in 1981, and I was filled with God’s Spirit much like the account depicted in Acts 2:1-4. I knew my call was to lead as a senior pastor. I thought everything would happen quickly. But it didn’t.
I thought I was ready when God called me. I was not. I would see many years pass before the fulfillment of God’s promise. My wife and I celebrated more than 30 years of marriage and raised two children. I enjoyed 32 years working in law enforcement. Through those experiences, God was teaching me how to do things His way. He was developing me for the role of senior pastor.
In April of this year, I was installed as senior pastor at New life LA.
Be encouraged. Don’t quit on your promise—God will bring to pass. “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful” (Heb. 10:23, NKJV).
This Week’s Prayer Focus [5 in 5]
1. In every circumstance, offer up a prayer of thanksgiving (Phil. 4:6) regardless of how bad things may look, knowing that God is faithful.
2. Pray the Lord of the harvest would send people to serve with you who are passionate for lost souls (Matt. 9:38).
3. Pray for a renewed passion to see people’s lives restored and transformed by the Holy Spirit.
4. Pray for Foursquare pastors to hear a fresh word from the Lord as they begin to plan sermons for the busy holiday season.
5. Ask the Lord to guide the Foursquare family through the presidential selection process as we search for a new leader.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.