After hearing from many of you, our renewal process for the coming year will begin earlier to help mitigate delinquencies and the potential loss of benefits. In addition, due to inflation as well as the increased cost of the benefits and services included with your credential, the Foursquare Board of Directors has approved an adjusted fee schedule with an early payment incentive (see below for details).
PURPOSE OF A MINISTER’S CREDENTIAL
A Foursquare credentialed minister is trusted and approved by our board of directors to carry out the tasks of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ in a particular ministry assignment. A Foursquare credential confers a significant amount of authority and responsibility to perform ministerial functions and claim certain tax benefits only available to licensed ministers. Consequently, the vetting process of applicants for a Foursquare ministerial credential is intentionally thorough and robust.
As of April 1, 2022, the fee for new applications is $300 and covers the following:
- Licensing and electronic materials for the Foursquare online licensing course
- A robust criminal and financial background check
- Administrative fees to defray the cost of coaching, training, and processing applications
ANNUAL RENEWAL FEE
As of 2023, the annual renewal fee for a Foursquare credential will be $250 for ministers under the age of 70 if paid by October 31, 2022, and $300 if paid by December 31, 2022. The annual renewal fee is waived for credentialed ministers that are age 70 and above and includes a modified life insurance benefit. Annual fees are re-invested into resources and services to cultivate continued growth and health of credentialed ministers.
ANNUAL RENEWAL DISCOUNTS AND LATE FEES
Ministers must renew their credential by December 31 of the prior year to avoid a lapse in the outlined benefits. The following incentives and fees apply based on the timing of payment:
- Earlybird – Pay by October 31 – License renewal fee = $250
- Standard – Pay by December 31 – License renewal fee = $300
- Late – Fees paid between January 1 and March 31 will include a $100 late fee
- Pending inactivation – Fees paid between April 1 and April 30 will include a $200 late fee
Note: As of May 1, unpaid licenses will become inactive for the following year.
Benefits of Foursquare Credential:
- Receive and maintain a pastoral ministry appointment with authority to perform religious ceremonies (weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Ability to claim a minister’s housing allowance for wages earned from ministry employment
- Eligible to participate in Foursquare’s 403b retirement plan and draw tax free housing benefits in commendation status
- Participation in Term Life Insurance Coverage
- Eligible for a one-time reimbursement of emergency medical expenses (up to $3,000) through the Ministerial Benevolent Fund
Please know that this year’s increase reflects the fact that The Foursquare Church has not adjusted the annual credential fee for nine years and reveals the desire to be considerate of an appropriate assessment. We continue to improve our processes to provide quality service and support, especially in this current season filled with challenges, both practically and spiritually. If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Our aim is to steward the financial resources that have been entrusted to us well, so the Foursquare family can advance the kingdom together. We value your partnership, are grateful for your leadership, and appreciate all that you do for the sake of Christ.