Recently, while driving to work on one of the many congested freeways of Southern California, I came upon a breathtaking display of God’s daily artistry.
A sunrise that far surpassed any of the great works of art from the Old Masters lit up the sky. I only had a few seconds to take in this sight, which moved me to tears, and I had to pull over on the side of the road to offer words of praise to God. Talk about a call to worship!
In Psalm 19:1, King David wrote, “The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display His craftsmanship” (NLT).
Too often the demands and pressures of life, our busy schedules and our technologically driven lives can cause us to miss out on the displays of God’s glory happening around us. These demonstrations of God’s glory not only serve as our call to worship—they’re also reminders of the work of the Holy Spirit in us, as we are being transformed by Jesus with ever-increasing glory (2 Cor. 3:18, NKJV).
1. Ask the Lord to help you passionately respond to His calls to worship above all the distractions that surround you.
2. Ask God to help you see and celebrate the displays of His transformational power in the lives of others.
3. Pray that your life would be a display of God’s glory to others, as they see His transforming work taking place in your life (Matt. 5:16).
4. Please pray for Foursquare missionaries who are facing fear, anxiety or difficult situations. Ask the Holy Spirit to give them clarity in their specific calling and for them to be fruitful in their assignments.
5. Pray for the handful of Christian believers among the Bagirmi Fulani of Central Africa, that they will rest fully on the finished work of Christ, understanding the requirements for forgiveness of sin have been satisfied.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.