The Foursquare Board of Directors passed a resolution regarding the operation of all K-12 schools associated with Foursquare Churches. This resolution was prayerfully considered with the intent to encourage the development of our schools and to ensure they are all on a path towards greater improvement.
THE NEW POLICY: The newly adopted policy requires all schools sponsored by Foursquare churches to be accredited by approved agencies. This means that your school will need to evaluate its accreditation status and, if it is not already engaged in the accreditation process with an approved agency, it will need to initiate that process in a timely manner.
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT US: Existing schools will have two years to establish what is considered, “candidate accreditation status,” and four years to become fully accredited. With the help of an outside consultant, we have researched various accrediting agencies and identified several that offer our schools the maximum benefits. These agencies include:
- International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
- Christian Schools International (CSI)
- National Independent Private School Association (NIPSA)
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- Montessori School Accreditation Commission (MSAC)
- Independent School Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
- Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
To simplify and clarify these new expectations, please review the steps below:
Step 1: Read the Resolution
Consider how the new policy may apply to you and your school. Meet with your education committee, pastor, and council to discuss the implications for your school.
Step 2: Find an Accrediting Agency
If you are not already working with an approved agency, choose an agency from the provided list that you believe will best meet your needs and start the application process. Make it a priority to achieve candidate status and full accreditation as soon as possible.
Step 3: Thinking of Starting a school, daycare, or preschool?
Download the Foursquare application and start-up checklist and complete it with your education committee, pastor, council, and district and send it to the National Church Office.