Acts 1:2-11 tells us that when the time of Jesus’s departure was near, He took the time to finish well and complete His work, making sure His leaders were ready for the task at hand.
Perhaps His disciples were just trying to keep up, to understand that He was really alive again. Then, all of a sudden, Jesus was taken to heaven. The disciples must have had so many questions at this time. As they stood and stared up into the heavens, two men in white appeared and said, “Don’t stand there and stare at heaven—Go!” (v.11, paraphrased NKJV).
Then, in Acts 2:1-41, Peter stood and spoke boldly to a huge crowd of people on the day of Pentecost. This was the same Peter who failed and denied Christ, now filled and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Three thousand people were added to the kingdom that day. Talk about being transformed by Jesus!
We may not know exactly how, when or what to do, but Jesus fills, transforms and empowers us with the Holy Spirit to do the task at hand and to disciple others.
1. Pray for our eyes to be opened to the kingdom of God at work today.
2. Pray for our hearts to be renewed, and that we would remain servant-minded.
3. Pray for the harvest that is ready to be added to the church today.
4. Please pray for all NextGen counselors and leaders at Foursquare summer camps as they share the love of Jesus with campers this week.
5. Please pray for all Foursquare missionaries serving around the world. For specific prayer needs, download the monthly prayer guide here.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.