As we celebrate Christmas this year, let’s remember the radical new season the birth of Christ ushered in. The religious leaders of Jesus’s day were constantly resisting the new kingdom He led.
From the very beginning, powerful political and religious systems saw His message and His very personhood as a threat. The Son of God’s entrance disrupted their world.
The question for each leader in the church today is this: Will you allow Jesus to rearrange, disrupt or potentially crucify your methods or motives if it means ushering in His kingdom? If you are unwilling, your future could fall incredibly short of its potential. If you are willing, though, your future may fill with an anointing that will exceed anything you could produce with your own gifts alone.
This season, may we celebrate the good gift of our King Jesus. Ask the Spirit today where He wants to disrupt your life and move you into a new season for His glory.
Glory to God in the highest!
This Week’s Prayer Focus [5 in 5]
1. Ask the Lord to break down any pride in you to allow Him to shake up your life with radical change.
2. Pray that God would anoint your ministry.
3. Ask the Lord to give an open, willing heart to those who cross your path, and for wisdom to minister to them for His kingdom.
4. Pray that the person of Jesus would be present in the heart of all Foursquare congregants, and that a spirit of wonder and peace would flood each church this Christmas.
5. Ask the Lord to guide the presidential selection committee to choose the right candidates for this important position.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.