We believe in the resurrection, which means we believe we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses of faithful saints (Heb. 12:1).
Abraham, Deborah, Amos and the original women and men of Acts 2 live in the presence of God and bear witness to God’s promise to save.
“And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:4, NKJV).
Today, I invite you to pray an old prayer with me. It’s based in part on Psalm 104:30, which says, “You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; and You renew the face of the earth.” In it, together with saints of the past, we invite the Holy Spirit to fill us, and ask for wisdom and comfort that comes only from the Spirit of the Living God.
Come Holy Spirit,
Fill the hearts of Your faithful
And kindle in them the fire of Your love.
Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created.
And You shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit,
Did instruct the hearts of the faithful,
Grant that by the same Holy Spirit
We may be truly wise
And ever enjoy His consolations,
Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with God’s love every moment of the day.
2. Ask the Lord to send forth His spirit and renew the areas around you.
3. Ask God to teach you, and grant you wisdom and comfort, in all your interactions.
4. Wisdom and insight for our supervisors as they continue to lead catalytically.
5. Pray the Fula Jalon people in Guinea will increasingly be drawn to Jesus (whom Muslims call Isa al-Masih) as they study the Koran. Pray they will have a desire to learn more about Him, and that He will be pleased to reveal Himself to them.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.