It is as certain as death and taxes that when you say yes to the Lord, you will face opposition.
Opposition can come in many forms, and as a new senior pastor, I face mental opposition daily. I am often bombarded with thoughts like these:
- “I’m not ready for this!”
- “There are so many better pastors.”
- “Why would anyone listen to me?”
I began to cower and listen to these voices, but our faithful God intervened and silenced those voices with one word: “Fight!”
Don’t sit back and allow those lies of fear, doubt and comparison suck the anointing out of you. Remember Paul’s teaching:
“We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”
— 2 Cor. 10:4-5 (NLT)
Let’s use the weapons of God to destroy our own pride and deceit, to achieve His perfect peace, and to reach others with His Holy Spirit.
Prayer + Reflection
- Focus on your mindset by renewing your mind and meditating on God’s Word.
- Prioritize your family through prayer and setting aside time together.
- Contend for your own peace by interacting with others more in person and less on social media.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.