Foursquare Connection 2011, taking place May 30–June 2 in Columbus, Ohio, will focus on the yearlong return to our spiritual roots and this year’s Connection theme: “Accelerate—The Whole Gospel to the Whole World.”
Foursquare leaders from around the world will be gathering in downtown Columbus for this year’s annual convention. With lots of great places to eat and visit in this walkable area, visitors are sure to enjoy this year’s destination city.
Following are some last-minute tips that will enhance your Connection experience.
- The latest Connection details will be announced on Twitter and Facebook as they happen. Simply follow us on Twitter @WeAreFoursquare, or become a fan on Facebook. When Twittering about the event, be sure to use #connect11 with your updates. Also, remember to share and view Connection photos on Flickr.
- Collaborative Learning Tracks providing “peer-based learning” will allow leaders to share their current stories with people of similar experience. Delegates can read descriptions and pre-register for learning tracks online.
- In order to facilitate corporate business during Connection 2011, delegates are encouraged to become familiar with the business agenda before arriving in Columbus. Details regarding the Connection schedule, including business sessions, are available on the Connection website.
- Attendees who wish to plan ahead for their free time in Columbus should check out the details on Columbus-area attractions, including links to some favorite local tourist spots.
- Registration is available online, or attendees have the option of registering at the door.
- These Foursquare Connection 2011 sponsors will join us in Columbus this year: Ignite Academy, Israel Ministry of Tourism, King’s University, Life Pacific College, Foursquare Missions International and The Celebration Cup.
- Still looking for a great place to stay during Connection week? Or do you need to change your reservation? The Crowne Plaza Hotel just opened up a new block of rooms for us. The Crowne Plaza Hotel is situated directly across the street from the Hyatt Regency Columbus, and is connected by a sky bridge. With room rates offered at $99 plus tax per night, staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel is a great value.
For those that are unable to attend Connection 2011 in Columbus, live streaming will be available during the morning and evening sessions. Those with an Internet connection can visit the Connection 2011 website during session times to participate in learning and worship. Sessions begin Monday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m. EDT. In addition, all sessions will be available for purchase upon the conclusion of Connection 2011.