“And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for 12 years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. For she said to herself, ‘If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.’ But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, ‘Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.’ And the woman was made well from that hour.” (Matt. 9:20-22, NKJV)
I had just finished reading those scriptures when a crippled woman began shouting, “Would He touch me, too?” We prayed, and she was instantly healed. That was the beginning that sparked more than 150 healings in the years ahead.
News spread; soon people were bringing friends and neighbors from everywhere. Two teens born without eardrums were healed. One began speaking immediately in tongues and couldn’t stop. The other screamed because she heard music for the first time, and it was so loud to her.
Next, a blind man was brought to me. We prayed together for him to first give his life to Jesus. As soon as we said the “Amen,” his eyesight was restored.
Through the years I have learned some very important keys:
• All of the healings I have witnessed were with people believing for healing, like the woman who pressed into Jesus.
• Always be willing to reach out and pray for people whenever you have the opportunity.
Watch how God will surprise you.
Prayer + Reflection
1. Ask the Lord for opportunities to be used by Him as a vessel of healing to hurting people.
2. Pray and believe for a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit to pray for healing for those in need.
3. Pray for a greater boldness and a greater level of faith to step out when the opportunities come.