Powerful words from Isaiah 61:1 launched a movement.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed (NLT).
I read these words, and I just want to go. Go, and see the Spirit move in my life and the lives of others.
Verse 4 shows us what happens when a bunch of healed and freed folks are equipped with the Good News. We are to rebuild—rebuild that which has been neglected for generations. We are to rebuild families, churches, cities and institutions. This anointing is not just for churches, but also for all nations.
“The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few” (Matt. 9:37, NKJV).
Let’s pray that laborers will come forth and be filled with the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord.
This Week’s Prayer Focus [5 in 5]
1. Pray the Lord will show you how you personally can answer the Great Commission to reach all nations.
2. Ask the Lord to free those being held captive by sin in your community.
3. Consider ways the leadership in your church can mentor and influence the next generation of leaders.
4. Ask the Lord to show all Foursquare church leaders the right individuals with whom to build fruitful kingdom partnerships.
5. Pray The Foursquare Church worldwide would be attuned to hear God’s voice, that when He calls any of us to mission, we are ready.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.