Today is December 31. We call it New Year’s Eve. We don’t call it Last Year’s Hurrah. Most people want a new year. Fireworks are set off everywhere, from the Sydney Harbor Bridge in Australia to Times Square in New York City.
Interesting, the space between yesterday and tomorrow. We celebrate it around the world. But some time ago, a haggled group of disciples watched as their leader was killed. They had yet to experience His resurrection. That moment between darkness and light, between suffering and healing, between tears and laughter—the day between yesterday and tomorrow—is the testing ground for faith.
I want to encourage you to press in to the “new” God has for you. It may not yet be known or understood or even perceived. But it must received by faith. Open your heart and mind to new possibilities. After all, the God who created all that you see from nothing is capable of, well, anything.
Surrender your fears, your disappointments and your pain. Receive His promise of a more abundant life—a life you could not have imagined yesterday is today one to be contended for and celebrated. It starts with a simple act of faith. It concludes with a God who can.
Light a sparkler. Blow a horn. Yell out loud. Hug someone. Kiss someone. If the world can throw a party and celebrate a new year, we can surely celebrate a new way of life. One filled with hope.
This Week’s Prayer Focus [5 in 5]
1. Ask Jesus for a new heart of hope and faith for all the good things God has in store.
2. Ask God to give you a seasoned faith that plows through the unexpected until His promises come through.
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to grant you the ability to let go of the past and embrace your future.
4. Ask the Lord to give all Foursquare churches a fresh and new vision for future possibilities.
5. Pray that all needs would be met and that the Lord would move people’s hearts to give their time, money and resources for His work in 2019.
Share your thoughts. See comments below, and add your own.
I am believing and receiving this truth of the God we love the Lord we love and the Holy Spirit we love will provide all this and more to the entire four square church God Bless us All today and everyday with new strength new focus new self control new restoration of all things taken from us throughout our lives new vision of the harvest of God’s people new hope for a strong heart new eyes to see and ears to hear what the Lord is saying to us today new open alert minds to step out in faith and hope and joy Psalm 37:3-4
Trust in the Lord and do good, Delight in the Lord.
May the peace joy prosperity and hope be with us all Amen