The annual Foursquare convention will be held in Houston May 26-29, 2008. Plan to gather with other Foursquare pastors from across the nation and around the world to experience a time of worship and to be encouraged by nationally recognized speakers.
Registration and Discounts
This is your last chance to save money on the 2008 convention. Register before May 6 to get the pre-convention rate and save $30. Don’t forget about the special group rate, which also expires May 6.
There are four ways to register:
- Visit www.FoursquareConvention.com, and click on the Register Now link to register online.
- Call the convention service desk at 877.423.4633, and press option No. 1.
- Fax your completed registration form to 801.355.8019.
- Mail your completed registration form and payment to:
Foursquare Convention 2008
175 S. West Temple, Suite 140
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
If you haven’t already made hotel arrangements, now is the time to do so. The official convention hotel is the Hilton Americas-Houston, which offers the best location and value. Several other nearby hotels also offer a discounted convention rate.
More than 20 workshops will be offered at the 2008 convention, including the following:
- Chris Adsit: Healing the Deep Wounds of Trauma
- Wayne Cordeiro: The Four Levels of Leadership
- James Craft and Chad Veach: Strong in Spirit, Strong in Relationship
- Kimberly Dirmann and Lynn Sawyer: Children’s Ministry—The Time Has Come
- Dennis Easter and Guests: Renew, Restart or Resign!
- Paul Glenn: Ten Ways Your Church May Be Violating Tax Laws
- Jonathan Hall: Come and Have Ice Cream with FMI and Your Missionaries
- Stephen Hibdon and Gregg Johnson: “Tweendom” and the Kingdom
- Tom Hinton: The Alpha Course
- Mike Larkin: Foursquare IGNITE—Restocking the Shelves with Future Foursquare Leaders
- Gary Matsdorf: Leading From the Second Chair
- Bill and Harriet Mouer: Sabbatical—A Rest That Replenishes
- Steve Overman: Communicating to Transform, Not Just Inform
- Ted and Diane Roberts: Sexy Christians—Healthy Sexuality for You, Your Mate and Your Church
- Steve Schell: Operating in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Local Church Setting
- Burt Smith: Mentoring Emerging Leaders
- Jim Tolle: Advancing Hispanic Ministries
- Devi Titus: Raising Spiritually Sensitive Children
- Joe Wainer: Grant Writing Made Simple—How to Write a Grant Proposal for the Foundation
- Joe Wittwer: For God’s Sake, Lead!
- Marty Walker: How to Reach Your Community by Caring for It
- Matthew Barnett, Art Gray and Mark Jefferson: How to Minister to a Community in Cultural Transition
Visit the 2008 convention website for the latest details on workshop offerings.
In addition to the changes that have been noted in previous communications regarding the exhibit hall, both NCO and FMI will present overviews of their ministries and their various leaders in the exhibit hall. The national church office presentation, for example, will include information regarding women’s and men’s ministries, Christian education, chaplains, youth ministry and children’s ministry. All of the NCO ministry groups will have exhibits in one central area, and people will be available to answer questions and provide additional information regarding each ministry. Likewise, Foursquare Missions will have a central location in which to profile their ministries and personnel. Additionally, missionaries will be available so that you can get acquainted with them and understand, first hand, their passion for reaching the nations of the world in which they labor. Convention attendees are encouraged to visit the NCO and FMI exhibit sectors and gain a better understanding of how these two departments serve The Foursquare Church, the Kingdom of God and the world.
Sponsors for the 2008 Foursquare convention include Baker Publishing Group, Christian Community Credit Union, Financial Peace University, Foursquare Foundation, Foursquare Media, Foursquare Missions International, Foursquare Women, Life Pacific College, New Hope Christian Fellowship and The Kings College and Seminary.